Date, time and location
Tuesday, November 7, 2023,
Join the campus community at Bascom Hall to view new banners commissioned as part of UW-Madison’s 175th anniversary. Designed by UW-Madison doctoral student Molli Pauliot and faculty members Marianne Fairbanks and Stephen Hilyard, the banners are part of UW’s Our Shared Future initiative, representing UW–Madison’s commitment to respect the inherent sovereignty of the Ho-Chunk Nation and the other Native Nations of Wisconsin.
Welcome and opening
Lake Delton Singers
- UW–Madison Chancellor Jennifer L. Mnookin
- Ho-Chunk Nation President Jon Greendeer
- Molli Pauliot, Ho-Chunk Nation, Banners Artist, and UW–Madison Doctoral Candidate in Anthropology
- JoAnn Jones, Ho-Chunk Nation, Retired Judge, and UW–Madison Alum
Closing and blanket presentation
Chancellor Jennifer L. Mnookin and Carla Vigue
Blankets presented to Molli Pauliot, Marianne Fairbanks, and Stephen Hilyard
Lake Delton Singers
In the event of dangerous weather, this event will move room 2260 of the Law School. Accessible entrances, including power door openers, are located on the north, northeast, and south entrances.
UW-Madison values access and inclusion. If you need additional accessibility information, please email Calli Hughes.
Live captioning will be available at the event via the Streamtext service. A QR code will be provided at the event to link to the captioning service on mobile.
Accessible transit and parking
- This event is served by Madison Metro Transit Route 80 (Westbound stop: Observatory & Bascom). Real-time bus information is available on the university’s interactive campus map.
- The university operates the Accessible Circulator Shuttle for service between campus buildings (reservation required).
- This accessible parking map provides event parking information.
- Visit the Accessible Transportation Options website for more information.
Accessible route information
This event occurs outdoors on the sidewalk area between North Hall and South Hall:
- Visit the Accessible Pedestrian Routes webpage for accessible path of travel information.
- An internal passageway is available from Sterling or Chamberlin Hall to Van Vleck (exit from east door to Lincoln Drive, head north on Lincoln Drive to the east side of Bascom Hall).
Additional accessibility information
The Accessibility@UW-Madison website provides the university’s accessibility and disability resources and information.